An Excellent Lunchtime Team
This course will help your lunchtime team to develop their skills to work together more effectively. It will give staff the opportunity to reflect on their own practice and to take part in positive, meaningful discussions about the importance of teamwork. With a focus on active listening skills the course aims to enhance communication skills of team members and to celebrate their strengths.
- To explore what makes an excellent team
- To develop strategies to become an excellent team member
- To consider the aims of the lunchtime team
Inclusion at Lunchtimes
Children may spend up to 25% of their time in the playground, it is vital that inclusion is promoted throughout the school day. This course explores what ‘inclusion’ means and gives staff real practical ideas to promote inclusion at lunchtimes. SEND is discussed and legislation relating to inclusion.
- To be aware of what is meant by inclusion and legislation relating to it
- To have an awareness of the potential range of SEND in school
- To develop practical strategies to support inclusion at lunchtimes
Positive Behaviour At Lunchtimes
Lunchtimes may present challenges in terms of behaviour management. This popular course encourages Midday Supervisors to explore positive behaviour management strategies to use. We outline why behavioural issues may take place and whether there is anything that can be done to prevent these happening. Practical and simple strategies are shared with an emphasis being placed on the importance of positive language
- To develop an understanding of why behavioural issues may occur
- To develop effective strategies to manage behaviour in a positive manner
- To understand the importance of a positive and consistent approach
Positive Lunchtime Charter
Our Positive Lunchtime Charter provides schools with a tool to reflect on and develop current practice, actively engaging your lunchtime staff in the development process. The workshop elements of this package are aimed at encouraging midday supervisors to self-reflect about lunchtime practice. Highly experienced and qualified trainers will facilitate positive discussions identifying how your team can improve the lunchtime experience for pupils.
The investment for this training is £895.
- To understand the principles of the Positive Lunchtimes Charter
- To explore practical ways of achieving the principles
- To reflect on current practice in a positive manner so that change can improve provision
Play is an important feature of lunchtimes. This course explores the importance of play and the different kinds of play children may engage in. It also encourages staff to support play in a positive manner by offering practical ideas for games and activities to try at lunchtimes. Please note that this is not a practical course where games are taught.
- To understand the importance of play at lunchtimes
- To understand the strategies needed to support positive play at lunchtimes
- To explore practical ways of supporting positive play
Promoting Calmer Dining Halls
The dining experience is an important part of the school day and needs to be a positive one for pupils and staff. This course explores the challenges faced in the dining hall and focuses on positive strategies to support calmer lunchtime experiences.
- To identify challenges faced in the dining hall
- To explore positive strategies to create a calmer dining experience for pupils and staff
Successful Wet Playtimes
Wet play times can present midday supervisors with a challenge. This course explores how to make them a positive experience yet still acknowledging the difficulties that they may present. Ideas for making wet playtimes fun are included in the workshop manual that each member of staff will receive.
- To identify why wet playtimes may present challenges
- To explore positive strategies to enhance wet playtimes
- To develop an awareness of suitable activities to use at wet playtimes